Monday, April 14, 2014

a ball of cake

 Cake Balls:





     The best thing about making cake balls is you get to make it you own flavor, as you can see I'm a HUGE chocolate lover. I choose to make mine with everything chocolate. I have made them with red velvet cake, and also  fun fetti cake with white almond bark, and they all taste so good.



First thing you need to do is make the cake, by just following the instructions on the box.



Next destroy your cake and put it in your mixer, add 3/4 cup of your frosting choice (this is the perfect amount, it's not good with any more) *optional: add Hershey's chocolate syrup for more chocolate! I do about a teaspoon maybe a little less.





Roll them into balls, I do some a little bigger and some smaller. I throw in some bigger ones for daddy bear and some little balls for baby bear. Then when you have completed this step, place in fridge for about a half hour. (you can get away with doing less if you are on a time crunch)



My least favorite part is dealing with the almond bark but don't worry you will get the hang of it. I have tested so many ways to melt this and I have found this is my favorite, I take a pan a put water in it then put my small pot in the water, this will help it so it doesn't burn and melts so perfect.


The best way I have found to help your chocolate look smoother and great is I just drop them in and  use a fork to drain off excess chocolate then whalaa you're done!


You can finish them off with taking your fork at the end and flicking melted chocolate over them to get this great look.
Watch out because theses are so addicting and so fun to just keep popping in your mouth all day! enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment