Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Fun Easter Wreath

I got this idea from a cute cousin of mine.  She posted a wreath similar to this on Facebook.  I went nuts!! I have been wanting to make one of these forever!! So I looked through a bunch of tutorials on youtube and combined the best tips.  This wreath was pretty easy and only took me about 45 min from start to finish.

Supplies: 
3 colors of deco mesh (you can do more or less...I just found 3 looks best)
1 wire wreath frame...they sell these at Hobby Lobby.  I have also found a bunch online.  I love that they have the mesh holders already on the frame.  You can do this on your own by using pipe cleaners if you can't find the frame with the holders.



Cut 18 pieces of deco mesh 10-12 inches wide.  There are 18 pieces on my frame.  Yours might be more or less.



Take each piece and gather it in the middle


With all 3 colors in your hand with the middle pinched, wrap the holders around your mesh tightly. 


When finished check to make sure all of the wrap holders have been used.  The more full your wreath gets the easier it is to miss one or two.  If your mesh holders do not match your mesh you can tuck them towards the back.  You can't see mine at all so I left them as is.  You can also include ribbon, sticks, signs, pipe cleaners...anything else to decorate this.



The finished project!! I love it!! I have a pretty big front door so I used the large wire frame.  Do not just measure the frame and call it good...this sucker will expand big time.  I would buy a couple frames and take back the ones you don't use.  This really makes my front door scream spring and Easter.  I can't wait to make one for the 4th of July.  Happy Creating!!



No comments:

Post a Comment