Thursday, April 10, 2014

Our Gender Reveal Party

I wasn't too excited with throwing a gender reveal party.  I love them and love to go to them.  The reason why mine wasn't too fancy was because I had a hard time keeping a secret even for a couple of hours.  If I was going to throw a nicer party I would have needed a couple days instead of hours.  So a quick run to the part store and poster board and we were ready to reveal!! I really wanted to see everyone's reaction.  Pretty sure this isn't a Pinterest worthy party at all but this worked for me. 

I had the kids get into the action.  They didn't know what the baby was.  They were so excited.  I could get them to do practically anything that day.  I put them in charge of making posters.  



 I got this cute banner and put it into the entrance.

This is Lilly's poster.  We were doing a "tutu" or "touchdown" theme.  We also had names for the baby so for a girl it was Ruby and a boy the name was Quaid.  I love how Lilly made the cute quarterback.  Also we are big BYU fans at our house so her scoreboard said BYU 1000 Utes no.  So cute!!



 This is Rykers poster.  He is very creative and did a cute job too.  
 This is a picture of Lilly sitting by the pink balloon.  She really wanted a girl.



Everyone arrived and they put on the poster whether they thought it was a girl or boy.  Most chose girl. They then had the coordinating close pin to put on their shirts.  The rest I don't have in pictures...just video so I will just explain.  I gave each person a balloon to blow up.  Pink and Blue.  We are having a boy so I poked small holes into the pink balloons.  I had to make them small enough so when they felt the balloon they wouldn't be able to tell there were holes in them.  I got my family members who are away on skype and told everyone to blow up the balloons.  The pink balloons would blow up but wouldn't stay.  They would deflate.  We screamed and clapped and hugged.  It was a fun night and even funner to see everyone's reactions.  We are thrilled to have a baby boy in our family.  Almost half way there!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment