Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Ribbon Jar

My sisters and I were talking the other day about how our little girls dress.  My sister Cami and I both mentioned we don't let our kids out of the house unless they are completely accessorized (I guess we get it from our Mom).  I'm one of those Moms who has to make sure her kids always look put together (me not so much...but my kids, YES!)
With how much I love to accessorize I have to find the best way to do it while being on a budget.  Last year at Hobby Lobby (love that place almost as much as Costco) I found a Ribbon Jar on clearance for $4.79 (it was in the craft / scrap-booking section).  I bought it thinking I could find something to do with it.  Once I got it home I realized these ribbons are the perfect size to fit as belts for my daughter.  Most of her shorts and pants have belt loops, but Im not willing to pay for belts in different colors that she is going to grow out of.  This jar of ribbon was perfect!
There are so many different patterns and colors.  I have used these so much and I absolutely love them.  I am complimented on my creativity every time she wears one.  But seriously, it is just a jar of ribbon.  Here is an example of one she wore the other day:
You can also find packs of miscellaneous ribbon in the ribbon section of Hobby Lobby (I bought one the other day but I haven't opened it yet to see what is in there).  Their ribbon goes on sale for 50% off quite often, but if it isn't you can use your 40% off coupon you can get online.  If you don't have a Hobby Lobby near you I am pretty sure you can get them at JoAnns as well.  Such a good investment if you have little girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment