Friday, April 18, 2014

Little Easter/Spring Time Center Piece

I'm not all that crafty but I thought this was cute and decided to try it... plus, it can stay up past Easter.




Here is what you need.

-A foam ball 
-a jar or terra cotta pot (you will want to paint if you do this)
-colorful beads if you do a jar
-easter grass if you do the pot
-a dowel rod
-washi tape  
-hot glue 
-jelly beans
(you can get most of this at the dollar store)

This was my first time making this so I am going to change the directions from how I did it.  My pictures my be a little different, but I promise it will make it better for you.


DIRECTIONS:


1. Begin by adding washi tape to your dowel by twisting it around. 
2. If you are using a jar like I did, put some hot glue on the bottom of your dowel and glue it to the bottom. If you are using a pot put some floral foam in your pot and insert the stick into into the foam.

This is where I should have done my tape before hand.  This is where I glued my dowel in.
I filled my jar with layering beads. (if you use a pot you may want to paint it some bright spring color)
This is where I would change to make it easier. I know my picture shows different.
3. Glue Jelly Beans to your foam circle until full.
4. Add a foam ball to the top of your dowel. I put a hole in it first for where I wanted it to be. I would even suggest to do that before adding Jelly Beans that way you know where to stop.
5. Top off with a ribbon or piece of burlap around your dowel. ( which I now notice I did not so I better get to that)
Voila!
SOOOO easy and so cute!

      

No comments:

Post a Comment