Friday, February 21, 2014

Cute easy bow tutorial


I am always in need of a pink bow.  I think the bow troll comes and eats them in the middle of the night because they always disappear.  This is an easy bow to make and looks super cute. 

Supplies for 1 bow: 
(I always make my bows in pairs in case of pigtails. )
1 stretchy ponytail holder
3-5 different ribbons cut at 7 inches (personal preference)
Lighter 

I gathered 4 different pieces of pink ribbon.  I mostly used scraps.   Cut all pieces at 7 inches.  I like my ribbons a little long (see picture).  The shortest you should cut should be 5 inches. On this bow I just cut my ends with a straight cut.  It is also cute to do a v cut or a slanted cut.  Heat seal your ends by just running the end of the ribbon through the flame of a lighter.  This makes it so your ends don't fray.   



 Tie the ribbon in a double knot onto the ponytail holder.  



 Notice the you don't have to fill up the whole band.  Most likely you will be doubling or tripling the hair band so it will fill in the gaps.  


They look so cute in the hair.  I love the fun funky way these bows look in the hair.  They are super easy to make.  


 Here it is from the back side with two pigtails.  These ponytail holders usually don't hold the hair very well so I will secure the pony with a elastic band and then add the bow.  


Here is a picture of some more I have made.  I added some scrapbook fibers that I had on hand to a couple of the bows.  I just wanted you all to see the difference in using different sizes of ribbon.  







No comments:

Post a Comment