Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Saving Memories

For my post today I wanted to share with you a fun idea that I added to my daughter's baby book. When I had my adorable baby, she had a little bit of a struggle when she came into the world and spent some time in the NICU.  I had an overwhelming support system from my Facebook family to help me get through this troubled time. I wanted to come up with a way to preserve all those nice comments and congratulations that brought me so much happiness during this really hard trial we had to face in our life. I'm really bad at scrapbooking; however, I recently discovered a store by my house that sells Memory Works and Simple Stories. They have albums, pocket page protectors, cute paper, stickers and a bunch more. You can also find them on amazon or through Google. Here is what I came up with.


For the first page I took what my husband said to announce her into the world and then what I said.

 

The next page was for some keepsake items.  I included things like her little name tag and a little Turkey foot print design we made in the NICU (she was there around Thanksgiving). 




Then I printed all the comments I had from Facebook and glued them on cute paper and placed them in the slots throughout the pages. 




One thing I really loved about doing this project was that it was so easy.  All I had to do was slide everything into the little pockets and it looks so good! 

I hope this helps you out.  I just love looking through all the amazing things that people said.  It really helps me remember all those feelings I had during that time and how I was able to get through everything. I also can't wait to show my little girl, when she gets older, how all these people care about her so much.













No comments:

Post a Comment